Four Foundations of Mindfulness 4-week course
This 4 week course will take you through the four foundations of mindfulness as set out in the Satipatthana Sutra and will help students to build tools to make mindfulness a part of there everyday life’s.
The course will consist of 4 weekly classes of 2 hours per week for 4 weeks. Students will be asked to practice at home during the course for at least 30 minutes per day. All materials for the course will be provided. This course is perfect for beginners and experienced mediators alike.
This course will be structured on the for foundations of mindfulness namely mindfulness of the
Mindfulness is traditionally cultivated by the practice of meditation in which people learn to pay attention in each moment with full awareness and with a friendly interest. Meditation is not about clearing the mind, but rather coming to see the mind’s patterns. Daily meditation practice allows people to see the way in which certain patterns of mind lead to escalation of emotions, despite our best efforts to control them.
When people practice mindfulness meditation for any length of time, a number of qualities of their experience change. People say they feel more aware or awake, feel calmer and are more able to see clearly and gain freedom from their own emotional patterns and habits. They feel freer to be more compassionate to themselves and to others.
Mindfulness can help us
- increase a sense of calm and wellbeing
- cope better with emotional challenges
- feel less overwhelmed
- to become familiar with the workings of your mind
- reduce levels of stress
- have greater self-compassion
- improve your sleep quality
- to put you in touch with a different way of knowing yourself and the world
- positively change the way you think and feel about your experiences especially stressful experiences
- to accept yourself as you are, rather than judging yourself all the time
- increase your ability to manage difficult situations
- reduce levels of anxiety
- reduce levels of depression